Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Right at this moment I am too burned out to want to do anything. I've been working on stuff for shows and I'm tapped out!!! I guess when you start feeling like this, you should walk away for a while to regroup, and I didn't.
This piece I had to force myself to get started and then just blindly went with what evercame and with whatever was within arms length. Just creating art without thought or heart into it. Or at least it felt like that.
I've pieced together collagraph pieces, collaged pieces and fabric. Machine stitched and stamped. I'll look at it again another time to really see where I've gone!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
This card has a cloud stamp that I carved several months back and is adorned with stitching. The foundation for the card is paper collaged fabric. It has been colored with inks, and markers.
The crow bird stamps were originally carved for a tip-in exchange. I has pleased with how they came out that I decided they needed to be used on a ACEO piece.
I usually don't pre-plan art work. I just go with my instincts. Whatever happens happens. Most things can be fixed if it ever happens to get to that point.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Well, this is my last Ornie for the doll challenge. It's an altered porcelain doll where I created the basket beneath her. It is then collaged with pieces from one of my collagraph prints. Painted with acrylics and adorned with wire throughout. I had originally planned on not having any arms, but it evolved and sprouted a pair.
Friday, August 10, 2007
This mixed media art doll is for a doll challenge. It's amazing how you can from one form to creating something total different. Ornie is for ornament and is an altered doll. It's a porcelain doll that has been collaged and then waxed. It is wrapped with a leather black wrap. It measures 3"x3/4"(not including the wire for hanging.
Monday, August 6, 2007
These are more art dolls made from the same technique as Abe & Mabel. Three of the four dolls has burlap hair and Red has red mohair. Bought the red mohair at the last doll club meeting and I'm glad to be using it. I hate when I buy things and it sits around for a long time because that special moment for it's use has not presented it self.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Experimenting in creating a new doll. The materials used are muslin with collage of papers adhered. The material had become warped after it dried, but I was able to play with it. Face is machine sewn and the arms are leather chord, which makes them moveable.