Monday, June 23, 2008

Challenge #14 - Twined Wire Bag


I came across a project that caught my interest in another book titled "Fabulous Woven Jewelry" by Mary Hettmansperger. In the book the actual project was called "Twine Copper Bag Necklace", and since I only had black wire, that is what I used. I forged the ends of the wire sticking up at the top and added stones to the interior of the bag as I was twining. It takes some practice to get the twining down! I loved the process and hopefully can add this technique some how into some of my doll creations.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Carla, that is absolutely AWESOME. I can see SO many possibilities for this technique. mmmm. *drooling*

Dale said...

wow! I really do love how this turned out! there really are so many possibilities of things you could fill your 'bag' with!

Carla Trujillo said...

Thanks Jen and Dale!!
Other items suggested for the inside of the bag were beads, tumbled glass, found objects, and fabrics.
You could probably even place beads in the twining.

Rachel said...

love this! i made one of these wire bags last year but i have yet to put anything in it because i just can't decide. lol off to go find it now...

Carla Trujillo said...

Hi Rachel and thanks for stopping by! If your wire bag is tight enough you maybe able to use the large silver colored BB's found in the sporting goods section.