Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wire and Paper Meet


Several months back I had received a book titled "Making Connections" by Susan LenarKazmer, and this turned out to be a nice book to have. It shows many techniques for cold joins and this book is where I had my inspiration for applying paper to a wire sculpture.
The paper pieces I am using are from many of my collagraph prints that didn't print quite right.
The shapes were cut out and then the edges were burned to a point where the piece fit into designated spot. Holes were punched and assorted color of eyelets were used. Jump rings are used to attach the paper to the wire sculpture. I originally tried to use black wire instead of jump rings, but that was too much of a hassle. I would probably use wire if I were using another material other than paper.





2 comments:

Jay King said...

The multi-colored collets are a nice touch.

Carla Trujillo said...

Thank you Jay!