Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Revisiting 2007

"Moments"

The mixed media quilt above was based on a drawing my oldest daughter created. I just loved her figures and was inspired to sew and glue! The material used for the figures are scrap pieces of leather.


"Journey 2"
It's been a while and I can't quite remember what inspired this piece. Again I have used scrap pieces of leather, various hides, fabrics, wire, beads and found objects.

"Dancing Deities"
Dancing Deities was inspired by one of my collagraphs.


BTW I wanted to thank you for the comments posted in my previous post! Somehow Blogger messed up and none of the comments appeared on my blog but I did receive them through my e-mail.

4 comments:

Cody Goodin said...

Cool collage quilts. I am not planning on going to doll camp. Can't swing the moolah as AFIC wiped me out for a while. Am going to the joint meeting though this Saturday.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I am glad you are showing off some of your previous work for those of us who are new to your blog :)

We all had issues with Blogger!

lynda Howells said...

I love these quilts..l did something similar with my childrens drawings but yours are amazing Carlax lynda
ps..l am having trouble with remarks etc as well.

Carla Trujillo said...

Cody - I would like to go to camp as well, but we will be coming off vacation. So, no money here!

Craftymoose Crafts - My earlier works are totally different than how I work today. I'll be posting those later!

lynda - Thanks!